Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Heart Bled (mourn of Palestinian mothers)

My heart bled, to see my children lost their youth early, to see bitterness and resentment in those weary eyes, fear and pain beyond imagination, my heart bled, witnessing atrocities inflicted daily, on their pure innocent life, and the world stop to care, for we were alone to blame, my heart broke down in pieces, to know despair in their ashen faces, when happiness and joy was nothing but illusion, denied in their very existence, my heart cried in agony, to see they crawled in deathly tunnels, in the dark, damp, and narrow holes, full of poisonous gas and mortal dangers, just to get something for our tables, to feed every hungry mouth who waited in lines, my heart throbbed with pain, to see the wide vast cage around, stripping them away from any dignity, robbing their freedom and humanity, and the world only froze deaf and blind, i am mother, i am daughter, i am women, who cried in tears of blood, for humanity to hear, for humanity to see

No comments: