Sunday, August 2, 2015

Supermoon: The Eye of God

Supermoon: The Eye of God
Rays of soft light flooded the room, pulling me from slumber. Its splendor illuminated this small space, casting away the dark in the middle of the night. The lights were still out as the electricity went dead since half past nine. Surprisingly, devoid of any lamp lights, every corner beamed with soft glow.

I opened the door, to find the source of this unnatural phenomenon. I gaped in wonder to find the night glowed in splendor even without any single electricity. It bathed in the soft glow of the moonlight. It was serene and beautiful.

I stared up at the sky, it was so clear and bright. The moon shone down like a pure beam of light, flooding over the earth. A supermoon rode the skies in its fullest. A ring of halo encircled it, bright in silver and gold. A patch of soft white clouds formed a line of dazzling necklace around the pretty moon. It was so big and close as if I could kiss the moon in one swift movement. I was transfixed, stood in wonder. It's a picture perfect. I gazed in perfect silence.

Last Saturday's night, the supermoon was close to Earth. It looked bigger and brighter than normal. I wish I was somewhere at the summit of a mountain so I could reach the moon from that proximity. Imagining standing there with the super moon and stars, while the nature chants with the most remarkable lullaby. What a night!

Alas! A creepy thought crossed my feeble mind. A full moon means werewolves. The skin changers with their bestial instinct to tear us apart, feasting on our flesh and absorb the full energy of the moon!

Yet, nothing happened! It was just me corrupted by imagination from movies and legends!
I stood alone in my front yard. To see the blue moon soaring up in the skies, among the vast galaxies around us was so amazing.
Getting a decent picture on my smartphone was pretty much impossible unless I was going to rig it up to a telescope and some special filters.

All in all, I felt so blessed to bear witness of such remarkable natural beauty. I slept with sweetest sense of peacefulness afterwards. Knowing that despite the wars and agonies of the world, God keeps showing me that life is filled with many love and wonders.
Bottom of Form


No comments: