Monday, July 21, 2008

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

This classic novel has been in my bag for almost two months by now...already read half of it...and still trying to finish it. Found it a little bit bored at the beginning...then there came the element of surprises here and then...Atticus Finch, a moral hero for his prejudiced society...for his two little children, Scout and Jeremy Finch...an honor and respectable father, man, and lawyer who stood up against racism...wanna finish it soon :-)

This book reminds me of my final paper for my college graduation completion. I was writing a review or a critic about racism in Langston Hughes's THE BEST OF SIMPLE. A colletion of humorous short stories of Simple life as a black American in 1960s.I mainly highlighted about black people racial pride that helped them to survive and to fight back. It's a wonderful book to read ...I was invited to feel the bitterness of living in a deeply rooted segregated society by race from its black character point of view.

While in To Kill A Mockingbird, racism was seen through the eye of its white character...

I'll write my review about it upon finish it...the two books are recommended to read :-)

No comments: