Wednesday, October 8, 2008

VARIOUS

Sunset at Cornfield

My most favourite activity at my village during holliday is riding bycycle or motorcycle at the ricefield. It is an activity I never miss :-). My village is surrounded by vast rice field and the air is much more refreshing than Jakarta.

On rainy season, almost all farmers cultivate their land with paddy (rice) as water is very essential for this plant. While, on dry season, farmers grow tobacco; secondary food crops which is called 'palawija' in indonesia such as corn, soyabean, cassava, eggplant, onion; and other minor products such as pepper, tomato, etc. Above photos are various plants I've found around the village.

When i was a kid, I used to play in those ricefield with my friends...running to and fro...collecting baby frogs, small fishes at the nearby field sewer and some rice . My parents sometimes got annoyed and a little bit mad when i got back home dirty and muddy, lol. Often, we will sit in the field to see farmers harvesting their crops and watch the sunset. It's so great to revisit the place and to dig old memories of my village

No comments: