Sunday, December 7, 2008

MY EID MOMENT

6.30 AM, my husband and I went for Eid prayer at the nearby mosque. It's already full so I had to pray in the field with other neigbors.


7.00 AM, the prayer began ...continued with khutbah (preaching)... Yet, I could barely hear the preaching as the sound was far too far away and there were many other preachings from the neighboring mosques. It's really like hearing buzzing... :-(


7.30, we got home...trying to have our breakfast. Unfortunately, there was nothing to eat except mangoes, lol. I did not cook at all as last night we arrived so late at night. We decided to eat chicken porridge at the foodshop scattered around my residence.


8.00 AM, we got back to the mosque as it was previously announced that the slaughter would begin at that time, and those who had already put their sacrified cattle at the mosque should attend the moment.

We waited for almost an hour but it did not begin yet. The butcherers already got there but the steering committes were nowhere to find...so it was a little bit of chaos. Meanwhile, my handsome fair goat got many fans from the kids, lol. ..I just could not have a heart to look him in the eyes...so I just watched him from a distance...some children were feeding the cattles.


Finally, the committe members arrived. Within a few minutes, the slaughter began. There were 26 goats (and sheeps) and two cows. The name tucked at their neck was called when each was sacrified. Most of the spectators were children...it made me thinking...They watched and they were not in fear at all. I just watched the crowd from a far... a safe distance so I would not see the procession, lol.


Alhamdulillah, all run well...now they skinned the cattled and arranged the meat to be able to distributed to those who had the rights to receive it.

No comments: