Friday, May 2, 2008

HOUSE WORK

Usually, on weekend, I would sleep long after the morning prayer...5 working days sometimes exhausted me and drown me...getting up early before the dawn breaks, left after morning prayer and got back home after Isya prayer. A routine activity that goes on and goes on. So, Saturday and Sunday is the only time I could get rest...and i leave house work to my housemaid. She would do all the cooking, cleaning, ironing, etc. Off course, I would give her a hand if i was not too exhausted :-).

But this weekend, she went home to her homeland for ten days...so from then on I had to do all the house work. Today, I woke up early to do the laudry, the cleaning and mopping of the floor, washing the dishes, preparing some milk and breakfast for my husband. Well, he had to buy some of them as I only cooked the rice ...lol. Cooking is always interesting but I dont like the rest of dirty dishes afterwards. Not to mention that I would spend hours to finish my cooking. And it was my husband's idea that we bought the rest, all i had to do was to cook the rice :-). He argued that everytime i got tired, i would easily got angry...so i thought it's a good idea...lol

Housework... I think it's more tiring than sitting at office and do all the paperwork. That's why I value my housemaid with respect as she has to do those amazing as well as tiring job. And I hate to hear the news on TV that some housemaids were badly treated. Some were treated as second class human being. I thing that's too much to bear. Housemaid is like our assisstance that always gives us a hand in busy hours or not. She's the savior when we're too damn tired after working 5 days at office...

Anyway, today was my second day without my housemaid...and i'm too exhausted with all the cleaning and the mopping...i hate the ironing part as it's so hot lately here...that would make me sweat and get dizzy. In times like this, I really miss my housemaid. My home would be in a racket and chaos if she went too long :-(

No comments: