Saturday, September 5, 2009

LIFE IS A MAZE


Staying at today...doing nothing... I really miss activities I've done during fasting... a kind of energy charging. Then, it stopped...well, it's a common problem for any women. I must not say a problem actually, but a gift from The Creator... a moment of a leave, lol.

Then, I flipped my old phone address book and found one long friend I have not contacted in years. A few click on the buttons, dialing the number.
"Hello? Who's this?" Then started the conversation.
During my absence, there's so many changes took place. It's been three years she lost her husband in an accident, and her only son died one year later. It's so sad to hear this and the most painful is I was not even there to lend her a hand. I must admit that she's a tough woman. We talked a lot and promised we would see each other after Idul Fitri.

The conversation with this friend suddenly brought back the memories of some of my friends. I have some friends who were in serious problem in their marriage, one already divorced about two years ago. I met with one of them recently. It's kind of sad to hear their stories. I remembered when my husband and I took an oath years ago, to share life together in happiness and sadness...to cherish and to love each other till death do us part... it was a sacred moment...the first big leap I've made in my life. We had passed our 4th anniversary. And I know that many problems came on our way during our togetherness... Alhamdulillah, we are still in a family. It's not quite easy to manage the flame alive. We have always to try our best ... so far we are on the same track.

Great gap in character sometimes brought many problems... reminds me of the recent divorce of famous celebrity in my country. It's hard to align two different characters if all were too stubborn or too selfish... a simple humble man will be hard to live with a glamorous, active woman and vice versa ... To survive, I think we need to find a balance either in personality or in knowledge (self-learning)...Even, when you think you know the man/woman you married, you'll be surprised to see him/her in elapsing time. Love is not a constant element...it changes along the way...depends how it is cultivated. No matter how long you've been dating your partner before marriage, it is not a guarantee that the marriage would last forever. And I am kind of a non believer that the longer you date (means the longer you know your partner personality), the greater chance the marriage survive. I believe that we will never know the true about our partner until we married him/her. I think it is the combination of love, luck, understanding,and destiny that would seal our marriage attached in one piece. Just like a business, it takes a great management skills to survive... and the most vital ingredient is our same vision and wisdom based on religious pillars... that's a conclusion I deduct from their stories...

And along the way I pray that my marriage would survive the time... just like my Mom and Dad... They are truly an inspiration...my husband and I still have so much to learn...to become a matured couple...it's not easy but we promise we will never give up ... to come to the final oath of sacred matrimony takes great strength and courage, but to maintain the oath takes greater...

No comments: