Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My True Hero

It's sometimes amazing to think that everyday we search a hero as our role model. Someone whose deeds reflect the righteousness and moral ideal. There's so many heroes described in movies from Tarzan up to Superman. All had the characteristic of a great hero with nobel heart, unselfish and put others' rights above his/her. Often we look upon such ideal heroes in our life and think that those characters are too good to be true.

Only now i realize that my true hero has been long standing besides me. Her heart if full of affection and compassion. To my eyes she's the perfect role model of my life. Her patience is far beyond my comprehension. Her simple life is full of amazement. She's my true hero... She is my MOTHER.

She showed one og great characters during my recent visit. How she cared much for her sister in law that got stroke. While her children did not want to take care of her, SHE voluntereed herself to care for her. The stroke had sonsumed all her strenght that she could not do any activities, even the simpliest one such as take a bath, eat, drink etc, without help. My mother patiently had to help her in those activities. She never expected anything in return. She once told me that "I dont want any credit from human, let Alloh The Great, rewards me later on."

On other occassion, she had to care for an old lady that was casted away from her family. No one wanted to receive her at their home. Touched by this situation, my father and mother decided to take her into our home. Again, my mother as well as my father showed me what a meaningful life looked like.

I wonder whether her love and affection had no limit at all. She's really amazing...And it's a fool of me that i never could said the word "I love you" in front of her. Strenght and courage in life inspired me much. The norms and values taught too me in my childhood played a great role in my savior in this harsh life.

A simple mother with a simple home who has great heart...and yes, she is my true hero. I have no more to look for other heroes other than her. And i hope oneday i could tell her how much i love her and respect her...No words could represent her amazing modesty and love...

No comments: