Wednesday, April 2, 2008

He's Getting Sick

It's been four days, my little nephew's hospitalized. It started last Saturday when his temperature was up and down. He didn't eat much as any food was immediately thrown up after being swolen....usually even in his sickness, he still had pretty good appetite. He wanted to be cudled in his mother's arms all the time...when she tried to put him in bed, he would cry. May be he found much comfort in her arms...that caused much problem as he didn't want anyone to replace her ...his father tried to cuddled him but he cried. It's as if he wanted no one else than his dear mother. The general doctor's prescription did not help much.

So, they had to take him to the hospital. And i was worried about him. The weather is unpredictable here. Sometimes, it's so hot during the day, then suddenly it rains hard in the afternoon...it's dry for a couple of days then changed suddenly into hard raining. This condition had made many children struck by various ilnesses. After being examined, the pediatrician told them that the symptoms showed him having a dengue fever. His hemoglobin level was a little bit abnormal so he had to stay in hospital after he got better.

I was sorry to hear this as i could not rush to see him...still have to work here...I'll be able to visit him only this weekend... I pray he gets well soon...i phoned them every day...yesterday, my brother told me that he's been better. The fever is stil up and down but he's now able to eat...a laugh a bit when i hear him on the phone....playing with some toys...it's quite releiving

I had bad impression with dengue fever. It had taken away one of my brothers before i met him. I wasn't born yet when my oldest brother got such fever. He was only five or six, so my mom told me. It was in 1970's where transporation was still rare and hospitals were miles away. When my father got to the hospital, it was too late. He died at 5...sometimes, i wonder what it would be like if he's still alive....surely i would have two brothers

But then i think may be it's for the best. He would be in heaven now for as a child he has not yet committed a sin.

No comments: