Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Time

I knelt to pray but not for long
I said my prayers but mind's away
I fulfilled my obligation but heart ignored

Not much time for the soul
for bills would soon be due
not much time to pray
for the clock kept ticking
to rush to work
too much to do
too little time

Always in a hurry
Fajr pray was often missed
as weariness defeated the soul
dhuzur pray postponed
as working papers were soon to due
Ashar pray was lost
as I was somehere entertaining clients
Maghrib pray was undone
as traffic jam blinded the heart
Isya pray was shattered
as I slumbered in my pillows

never had time for the soul
until it's too late
as the angel of death came approaching
I was summoned before The Lord
before Him was the book of life
to narrate my story
to give judgement

I knelt with downcast eyes
trembling with tears
redeem and regret came too late
a voice was heard
"Your name I can not find,
I've much work to do
and no time to look"

No comments: