Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Let's Save Our Forest

It's so sad to know that Indonesia has the fastest pace of deforestation in the world between 20000-2005 according to Guiness Book of Record. Greenpeace said Indonesia has lost 72 percent of its intact ancient forests and half of what remains is threatened by commercial logging, forest fires and clearances for palm oil plantations. The next generation of Indonesians will not see any forests if the government does not take any serious action to cope with this prolem. Mainly because industrialization had been put in front no matter what cost it may take. Let's just hope that it's not too late to start.

My Greenly Homeland

When I was young

I saw little green Pasteur and prairies

Grass waved happily in a sunny day

Trees on the hillsides exposed their fresh greenly leaves

Butterflies danced around the rosebuds

Enchanted the world with their beauty

Nature sang a beautiful song

Such was my homeland

when time elapsed many years

I saw grey dried vast land

Hills were bare naked

Baked by the burning sun

Trees withered and died

Drought captivated all

Nature wept in sorrow

Sang a heartbreaking melody

That echoed throughout the wind

I sat on my knees

Tried hard to figure out what was going wrong

Sought an answer that was already there

I cried but tears didn’t come

For I knew well what was the cause

And I prayed to dear Lord

That it may not be late

To save what was dying

I was old now

Many changes taken place

There were no more trees or grass

Only concrete walls and skyscrapers

Stood arrogantly in what used to be my greenly homeland

Piercing through the skies

As if trying to challenge The Creator

Old as I was

Too tired to fight

Too exhausted with many defeats

I was dying

Together with my greenly homeland

No longer curious of what tomorrow would bring

For I knew very well now

I saw clearly now

That the future was dying

If no one cared no more

No comments: