Sunday, June 15, 2008

MY FATHER'S TREES

1. the small river at the back in dry season

2.My parents' home

3. The rambutan tree

4. the mango tree

5 & 6 the matoa fruits

My father always has a green thumb. Almost any plant he plants, grow big and yield some delicious fruits. We have a small piece of tiny land besides our home. On one occasion, he planted 5 to 6 orange trees, also some peppers. All of them grew and fruited. After three years, my father replaced them with Mango and Rambutan Tree. On my early years in college, my father bought a Matoa tree. The tree is the native fruit in Papua and we thought it was a little bit

odd to plant the tree at home. My father would not give up the idea and he cared for it so much. I remembered during dry seasons, he would water all the plants himself because he did not want them to dry up. Now, within our small tiny land, there are one big matoa tree, two mango trees, and three rambutan trees. There are also two banana trees. When I them a visit on Idul Fitri, it’s usually the mango and rambutan trees that bear some ripened fruits…unfortunately, I’ve never tasted the matoa because it’s always too late to get them on time, lol.

With my very zero skill in photography, I took the pictures of them during my visit last idul Fitri, lol. And the man in front of the rambutan tree is my husband, lol. behind those amazing trees, there is a long small river in which i used to swim at my childhood. But now, the water is not too good to swim in as domestic pollutions already contaminated the river.

No comments: