Sunday, June 22, 2008

SUDDENLY 30

In Retrospect

Time elapsed so fast. Dear, I just still can’t believe that today I turned 30…feels like yesterday I spent my time at high school, and then college. First long journey I’ve taken alone over graduation seemed the only journey. My sail has found its anchor and the ship has chosen its captain. The journey, however, must start again with new hope, with anew passengers on board. The ship might encounter storm and tempest. Its mast might break; its deck might shatter during the hurricane. Yet, it might in the end find calm, serene water where it could sail at ease. The goal is certain, the outcome is not yet known.

I feel that there’s so much I haven’t done in life. Feeling so self-absorbed with my own personal problems and forget the rest of the world. There are still many things I want to do to make this short journey meaningful…to carve smile of the children, to give a helping hand, to be able to empathize the world. Yet, sometimes my spirit failed to conquer my selfish ego. My fear and worries barricaded these…creating strong concrete walls. Still, I struggle hard to tear down these walls with any possible means. Sometimes, doing small things could be so rewarding…seeing a smile, seeing eyes flicker with hope…seeing there’s still love and affection in this world. And it’s a blessing I thank for every single day in life.

My ship has been on its long voyage. There are times when it stopped and got whirled in wild storm, but it still survived so far. Looking back at my life now, I say nothing but deep gratitude for all the wonderful things i have...a loving wonderful husband, great parents, and great friends.

I am not good yet,…and strive to be better.

No comments: