Monday, September 15, 2008

My Flashback for Ramadhan

Time seems fly so fast like the wind of change that always sweeps the universe. It will be 16th day, insyallah today. It's so fast...almost unaware of this. It's just like yesterday, i started my first fasting of this ramadan.

It brought back the memories of my ramadhan when i was a kid. It's so much different with what i felt today. As i grew up, many changes had occured...sometimes, these changes and growing older makes me grow 'old' ( i hope wiser) :-)

Ramadhan When I was A Kid

Iftar: the food was always everything… eat as much as I could regardless the capability of my stomach, lol. If it did not fit me, I would grumble and upset ( and I’m so sorry for this especially to my mother who always cook the best for her family)

Taraweeh: I really enjoyed taraweeh because it’s time to pray together with many friends and neighbors. Always tried hard not to miss one…often too sleepy because of eating too much, lol

Sahur: the food was also essential like iftar…eat so so muuuuuch so I would not starve in the day

Reading Qur’an: rarely…never set a target…still loved to play with other kids at the neighborhood L

The beginning: I would still enjoyed fasting

The middle: I would wish that Ramadan would end soon so I could I could eat anything I wanted on any hour

The end: I was so happy because it meant I would get new clothes and more money ( the customary tradition during Idul Fitri in my village was parents and adults who already worked would give money to children as expression of their happiness in the holy day. On Idul Fitri, usually kids would get many money from each family they visited J )

New Clothes: always required new clothes from my parent…if they did not buy me one, I would cry, lol

When I Grew Old

Iftar: the food is not priority. A sip of water or sweet snacks would be sufficient as the opening. Eat in a moderate way and proportion…not too much and not too little

Taraweeh: Only able to go the mosque during weekend. On working days, I usually got home when maghrib came…preparing the iftar, washing the dishes until 9 pm. So it was mostly done at home L

Sahur: the same as with iftar

Reading Qur’an: everyday tried to recite the holy book…the target is always finishing the 30 juz in the holy month

The beginning of Ramadhan: I’d be thrilled because the holy month has arrived…the month of mercy must not be wasted

The middle: I was always amazed on how fast Ramadan flied away…wished so much that the time would turn so slowly…

New clothes: it’s no longer an obligatory …decent and proper dress would be enough J

The end: I had a feeling of sadness because the special guest had left. It meant the day would go back normal again…sometimes wished that the end was only a dream …and when I woke up, I was still in Ramadan time

In the name of Allah, The Beneficent,The Forgiver, the Merciful

Lord of all lords and kings, who has none like Him,

He is the Allhearing, the Allseeing,

It is the holy month in which fasting is an obligatory,

It is the month in which the gate of love and mercy,

Are widely open with all divine lights,

It is the sacred month in which The Holy Book sent down,

As guidance for mankind, having clear signs of guidance and distinction,

In this blessed month,

Lord of all kingdoms and heavens,

Have placed most precious night,

And made it better than a thousand months,

as blessings and merits for mankind,

Lord, Glorious One,

let not the moment slips away so fast

let not the lights of the garden dims so swift

let not the gate open too short

let not the parting comes too soon

Glorified is the Owner of the Kingdom of the earth and the heavens; Glorified is the Possessor of Honour and Magnificence and Awe, and Power and Greatness and Omnipotence
Glorified is the Sovereign, the Living, Who does neither sleep nor die
O all Glorious, All Holy one, Our lord and the Lord of the Angels, And the soul.
There is no God but You, Forgive us, Grant us Paradise, and save us from (hell) fire.

No comments: