Sunday, September 21, 2008

MY WEEKEND

Alhamdulillah, I already finished juz 18 and now in the middle of juz 19. This weekend, I spent only at home...only go to the mosque for Taraweeh and morning pray. My health is also getting better :-). Still having a liitle bit cough but the rest is OK.

Yesterday, my husband went to his brother's home. I did not go with him as I was still tired after arriving home late. The day before, some of my friends took me out to have iftar together. It was not as good as planned as we were late in reserving tables. So, we had to wait for almost one hour and a half before we got our table...We were almost angry at each other ...blaming one another...Alhamdulillah, it ended up in better ways. We had some good laugh and conversation after a long time we havent met each other.

Last night, I woke up late. I set up my alarm at 1.45 am. I heard it rang, but still too sleepy to get up...in addition, my husband was not there so there's no need to hurry for sahur...lol. I really woke up at 2.55 am. I was a little bit upset with myself as I had previously planned to wake early for Witir pray dan Quran reading... Fortunately, I still had another one hour left to do all

And now, i had just finished the taraweeh at the mosque. As usual, during the 10 days of Ramadhan, the people who went to the mosque was getting fewer and fewer. The mosque is crowded at the beginning of Ramadhan and at the end. And as always, I will be busy preparing for 'mudik lebaran' in the last four days of Ramadhan. It is a tradition in Indonesia that people in the big cities will go back to their hometown during Idul Fitr. Consequently, millions of people are flowing to the small town and villages outside Jakarta, the city I currently live in. It creates heavy traffic jam all the way to the destinated towns, including my hometown, Solo. Actually, this year i want to spend idul fitr at Jakarta and go home afterwards. But my husband insists that we have to go home I never like being at the road at Ramadhan. It's not fun at all after almost four years doing this tradition...someday, hopefully, my office would transfer me to work in its local office at Solo so i dont have to do this tradition...and I would be closer with my parents

No comments: