Sunday, January 18, 2009

BAD DAY: FLOODING AGAIN

Today, waking up in the middle of the night only to see the hard raining on my rooftop...could not get much sleep after the night praying...hoping the rain would cease soon...approaching Fajr prayer, the water had risen up... a few centimeters away from my floor...well, I had to cancel my plan for taking a bath, lol...too cold and the water kept rising up. It's almost a knee height in front of my house.

The funny thing was when i called my brother, there was not raining at all in his area...some parts of Jakarta was also quite sunny,lol. I guesses i was the only one stuck in the rain. As my husband was still out side the city, i had to rely on myself this time...ready to evacuate things when the weather got worse...i prayed it did not...I hated to skip work (as much as it bored me) because my working leave woul be cut off, lol.

So, i was watching on guard. Luckily, the rain stopped at 7 a.m. The water subsided and by now it was all clear. But it's still heavily cloudy here...sometimes, the sun appeared shyly then disappeared again...i guess, it will be raining again by afternoon...i hope not as hard as last night...

But considering all that happened in Gaza, i still feel so much lucky. At least, it's only water and flood...not acid bombs or mortar shells...

I watched the news on my local TV (one of our local TV constantly aired Al Jazeera News alive), the postponed evacuation was now being on process. Many death bodies were found, some already in a state of decaying...more evidence that the Israeli army used chemical weapons...but they kept denying...are they too stupid or too arrogant??? Againts all those clear evidence???

If the victims of the holocust victims were alive to see what their leaders had done to the Palestinians, i thought they would not stand to see it either. Opression and repression would only make one nation stonger and unbreakable...as long as there was injustice, a rebel ...a fight to maintain justice will never die. History has given its lessons...but sometimes human are too pride of themselves...

No comments: