Saturday, January 31, 2009

TOUR DE TOUR TO CIREBON

My stomach was full by now and was trying to get some sleep...eating various Cirebon traditional food and seafood from morning to evening, breakfast to dinner with excellent host, lol. I finally got the real taste of Nasi Jamblang. It's the local or traditional food of Cirebon, a small city of West Java. The rice was contained in 'daun jati' and we were free to choose its accompany such as 'rajungan', egg, tahu tempe, jerohan,perkedel, etc. Too bad the rice was not warm but i still had great appetite for it. For lunch, i ate fried gurame-landwater fish, and soup... Dinner with delicious shrimps and crabs... I think i ate more than i should... I felt myself heavier and fattier, lol. The culiner tour was great but the landscape and view of Cirebon was not so appealing. I was lucky it's cloudy these last two days so the heat was not there... My colleague said if it were sunny, the weather would turn so dry and hot at Cirebon... Tomorrow we will be heading home to Jakarta by train... With more boxes and snacks to carry...still have to wrap the moci we order today... And with less money left in my pocket, lol. In short, i enjoy the de tour...been blessed with wonderful collegues and friends...with one funny odd story to tell, lol... Now must get some sleep!

No comments: