Sunday, August 31, 2008

Taraweeh with Children

Alhamdulillah, last night, my husband and I went for Taraweeh pray at the neighbouring mosque. Well, I kind of forced him to go with me...lol, since it's great if we could go for the prayer at the very first Ramadan. We were still so tired after shopping for sahur preparation...and we were not so lucky that afternoon as we were too late to buy some meat...all were invaded by mothers, lol. It's a shopping frantic day for mothers for first sahur preparation.

In the mosque, I found it hard to concentrate as 40% were toddlers and children. On my left were two girls of 6 and a boy. In my front was a 6 or 7 years old boy. Now, I wandered why these of boys of this age still took place in the women space. So, in my thought I was thingking that may be their dad did not go so they took place in their playgroup instead. On my right was a mother with her 2 years old son. Well, I should say that was pretty a mayhem. The 2 years old kid kept running to and fro in front of shaft...and the three kids were giggling and talking while praying...trying to to tease the baby. While the boy in front of me was just sitting ...he's a quite boy... And at one moment, I had to divert my 'sujud' as the baby was standing right in front of me...lol. On some occasion, he climbed to his mother's back when she's making a 'sujud'. It's really hard to focus with all these children.

But I love them all...on Ramadan like this, many mothers would take their children for Taraweeh pray... It's quite amusing looking at their behaviors and actions...though I think their mother should at first explain the rules in the mosque...but children will always be children...at their age, when they come together, they only want to play around...

No comments: