Monday, March 24, 2008

A Mother's Pray

My dearest son,

last time I saw you in your handsome uniform

looked like a knight

so glorious in appearance

till we said goodbye

as duty to your country had called you

to fight in the enemy line in country beyond seas

proud so I was at that moment

My dearest son,

now my heart bled

ached like it had been pirced by a dagger

to see the war you were in

to hear the gunshot echoed

the bomb exploded

taken so much death toll

of other mothers' sons

of the many scaterred pieces

soldiers, heroes, villains

of other mothers's

My dearest son,

how i could not rest

my heart leaped to hear each news

of another slain soldier

of another wounded soldier

of another uncertainty

of another promise of victory

My dearest son,

i came to wonder

of the cause for the war you were in

was it for serving our beloved country

or was it for another reason

that i did not understand

no matter how hard i tried to figure it out

My dearest son,

how i missed you every now and then

how i wanted to hold you again in these already wrinkle arms

in one piece of a man

whom i said goodbye months ago

My dearest son,

in my desperate hopes

i sent you my best prayer

for you to come home

to overcome this war of no purpose

i prayed thee not for victory

but for your safety

and for other mothers' sons

because there's no victory nor glory

no heroes nor enemies

it's just a war of no cause

No comments: